GROUP 1 Discussion Questions:
- What does the opening scene say about Caesar’s leadership/ authority ? Do you think Caesar was a good leader? Why or why not? – Use evidence from text for explanation.
- Act 1 scene 2- The plan of Caesar assassination is first hinted here in this scene. Why was Brutus approached by Cassius?
- Act 1 scene 2- In this scene Caesar was offered the crown three times. Yet he refused three times. What might the number three foreshadow?
- How might people’s opinion about Caesar affect Caesar’s authority?
- Act 1 scene 3- In this scene the plot of Caesar’s assassination begins. What does this scene say about Romans interpretation of natural disasters/ events? ( Example: the interpretation of lighting and rain)