A Gallery about Frankenstein…

Some courses like history literature have the essence of traditions and cultures. I remembered when I was studying Shakespeare in my undergraduate, I carried a huge book that has most of Shakespeare’s plays and poems. When it comes to reading assignments and research papers, the would spend days at the library looking for resources and materials. It took more time and efforts, but on the bright side, this “old school” way of doing course tasks was indeed confidential. In my present day, specially, with taking technology for college literature and writing course as one of my graduate courses, it draws my attention on how important to enforce technology in literature studies. When such valuable sources are available in a touch of button that will not only save my time but it will give me the opportunity to be more critical in my writing. So, it seems for a moment that engaging technology in teaching these courses can be difficult.  However, with the use of technology in this course I have noticed that participation in the class can be more efficient throughout class blog post and comments. As a foreigner student, finding the right sources online and be aware with correct information can be overwhelming and for that I think participating in the same assignment would be helpful.  This has given me a chance to see what my instructor and classmates have recommended in regards of literature wed sites.

In reading Frankenstein, I have found trouble finding the right version specially the digital ones.as I mentioned in the previous class discussion, some of the online versions missed parts in novel that I think is essential in studying literature. Despite of the reliability of these websites, accessing them can be problematic due to the student’s limited budget. Unfortunately, few are free and fewer are efficient. As a result of that, searching for resources online was time consuming. To prevent these issues, I think students must be aware of how they would know the reliable and accessible resources online. In the beginnings of any literary course, students must go through an introductory class that teaches them how to find the resources to benefit them in their study. For instance, at the beginning of each literature course, there is a part that covers online sources. This introduction contains how to find the right resources for literature subjects. As much as I’ve been taught how to cite my resources, I never had a course that taught me how to find the best ones for me.

Students who study literature can expand their knowledge not only by researching for information, they also can discuss what resources have been useful for them. This will narrow them down for the most accessible and reliable source. In my undergrad course Shakespeare, for example, my classmate used google documents to share some of articles and topics that may benefit our course subject. It is a pity that this collaboration was accessible for one group during that semester. Similarly, Frankenstein seems to have many articles and books online about it. Therefore, I suggest that creating one website that has the top Frankenstein’s resources. When these recourses are evaluated academically, our class will find this site effective to use. Nonetheless, adding other topic-related materials such as graphs, pictures or movies as visual resources since Frankenstein has many images would be more valuable. Also, what might be great to add is a biography of the writer which will gives better sense in study the novel.  Having all these resources in one site serves as a gallery of Frankenstein it not only enhances the class creativity, but also engage Frankenstein digitally. This way I think literature students will get the best of technology aids as they work together in building their own reliable and accessible digital library for each subject.