The American Dream
Interview Questions updated 1-24-15
1. What comes to mind when you hear, “The American Dream?”
possible follow-up: What does the American Dream mean to you? What does it mean to your family?
5. What do you think is unique about the American Dream, especially in contrast to the dreams of people in
6. How will you know if you achieve the American Dream?
Social Media Accounts
One Hashtag: #americandreammu
One Instagram: American Dream MU Password: gosaints
One Facebook: American Dream MU
For facebook everyone needs to friend Jess Lytle facebook.com/jess.lytle91
Email Account: email@example.com Password: gosaints (all lowercase)
For pictures and videos: Have 8 people posted from each group throughout ethics week, keep 4 interviews/photos on retainer and have each group post those over the two weeks following ethics week (2 per week for 2 weeks)
Anchor will be on Facebook linked to twitter and instagram -On Facebook we need a Post Master
-Jessica Lytle for Facebook creator
-Bernadette Oldfield creates Instagram
Video Interview Schedules and locations
Schedule and Locations of groups (rough) M 2-4 Rowley
M 6:30-7:30 Gerard
T 12-6 Dining Hall 4-6 and Library 12-3:00 W 1-6 Near Bernies
15 minutes per person interviewed usually to answer multiple questions and concise answers
- Anchor base–site content
- Identify audience
- How will you get people involved in the long-term conversation
- How to get people to participate in the video interviews
- How will you use social media and why
- What specific platforms (e.g., Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.)
Questions for the video:
- What does the phrase “American Dream” mean to you?
- So far, has America lived up to your expectations? Why or why not?
- Is the American Dream attainable for all people? Do we all have an equal chance of achieving it?
- Do you think the American Dream is unique or just what Americans call their life dream?
Teams and schedules
Day-of Coordinators: Friday, February 6th
Rough Cut Editor: Th 11-6
Team: Aquaman and the Wonderwomen: M 2-4, W 1-6
- Logan (non-filming)
Team: 415: M 6:30-7:30
Team: Team Sass: T 12-6
Team: DAAM 4: Randos
Ethics Awareness Week: February 2-6, 2015
Ethics of the American Dream
Faculty Panel Discussion
What is the American Dream?
7:30 GEICO Lecture
Sr. Simone Campbell, SSS
Health Care and the American Dream