Dajah Baylor- botanic garden hike

“Freedom – to walk free and own no superior.” -Walt Whitman

“If I see an orchid that’s fantastically expensive, I’ll buy it. It’s worth it, for no other reason than it gives me pleasure.” -Lee Radziwill

“A cactus doesn’t live in the desert because it likes the desert; it lives there because the desert hasn’t killed it yet.” -Hope Jahren

“A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows.” -Francis of Assisi

“If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.” Marcus Tullius Cicero

“Botanists have a tradition of never revealing the exact location of a rare plant. Contact between humans and rare plants is generally risky for the plants.” -Richard Preston

“How can you be content to be in the world like tulips in a garden, to make a fine show, and be good for nothing.” -Mary Astell

“When you’re shooting with long lenses, even if you’re shooting a close-up, you feel the air, the distance between the camera and the subject.” -Emmanuel Lubezki

“The trick to forgetting the big picture is to look at everything close-up.”  -Chuck Palahniuk

“No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, and no culture comparable to that of the garden.” -Thomas Jefferson