Elissa Munsterman- Arlington Cemetery

This picture shows many rows of empty seats, this reminds me of how many lives that families have lost or have been in mourn. Each seat represents a life that has been lost.

“To the solemn graves, near a lonely cemetery, my heart like a muffled drum is beating funeral marches”. -Charles Baudelaire.

“All true stories begin and end in a cemetery”. – Carlos Ruiz Zafon

“The cemetery is my sense of comfort, my sanctuary in a world of darkness, the one piece of light that I have in my life.

-Jessica Sorensen

“Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.”- John F. Kennedy

“FREEDOM is a light for which Many men have died in darkness”- Tomb of the unknown Soldier of the Revolutionary War.

“Let us form one body, one heart, and defend to the last warrior our country, our homes, our liberty, and the graves of our fathers”. -Tecumseh

“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together”. -Vincent Van Gogh

“You must the change you wish to see in the world”. -Gandhi

“The present is the ever moving shadow that divides yesterday from tomorrow. In that lies hope”. -Frank Lloyd Wright

“Minds are like flowers; they open only when the time is right”. -Stephen Richards

John F. Kennedy has done amazing things for our country. He was awarded the navy and marine corps medal for heroism during World War 2, was elected the president of the United States, took the U.S. economy out of recession established the Peace corps and much more. John F. Kennedy is buried at the Arlington cemetery because he was qualified for a plot at the Arlington Cemetery but deserved a special site benefitting his presidential status.