Rebecca Gygax – Great Falls Hike

“I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars.” -Walt Whitman

“In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful.” -Alice Walker

“The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship.” -William Blake

“Without deep reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people.” -Albert Einstein

“Now Autumn’s fire burns slowly along the woods and day by day the dead leaves fall and melt.” -William Allingham

“Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.” -Paulo Coelho

“If it weren’t for the rocks in its bed, the stream would have no song.” -Carl Perkins

“Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” -Robert Frost

3 Things I learned in the Visitors Center 1. Volunteers work with rangers here to clean-up along the Potomac River 2. The canal we walked through was the Patowmack Canal. 3. There were messages left in a rock by digging small holes into it.

“You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” -Denzel Washington

“The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.” -Robert Frost

“I love the sounds and the power of pounding water, whether it is the waves or a waterfall.” -Mike May