Claudio Espinoza Masache Hike of Choice

It was a nice day for touring DC so I took pictures of the monuments on my way there. I thought this was an interesting perspective of the monument since its coming from a street perspective rather than an up close one. It’s shown towering over the rest of the people around downtown.   “Death comes to all, but great achievements build a monument which shall endure until the sun grows cold.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
A different side of the monument which makes it more nature related since its surrounded by grass and trees in this picture.I thought this would be a cool picture to take since on one side it was dark and shadowy but on the other, there was more light and brighter colors.    “Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori”-Horace’s Odes  A lot of people come to visit these hiking/tourist spots which takes away from the personal experience, another potential disadvantage of hiking.  “In war, whichever side may call itself the victor, there are no winners, but all are losers” Neville Chamberlain
Hiking and tourist areas are mainly exploited for commercial gain which is possibly a disadvantage since it takes away from nature and makes it more economical.The stillness of the photo make both the people and the statue look like statues.  Please respect the memorial, no wading, no coins. Freedom is not free…I felt this picture combined both a reflection and a shadow at the same time which was pretty cool.