Due start of class Sept 21st – Memorial hike
On September 14th – during Memorial hike
Visit the 5 memorials on the map provided and take at least each of the following photos at each memorial.
And photo or copy your favorite quote at each memorial.
Take landscape photos – hold your phone or camera horizontal
- Selfie with at least one classmate
- Establishing view – so it is obvious where you are
- Abstraction – e.g. shadow or reflection etc.
- Unusual camera angle – from on the ground or top looking down etc.
- A detail of the memorial – statue face or hands, top of a column or a carving, etc.
Before class starts on the 21st
- Add a comment to this assignment explaining why you think it is important to have national memorials?
- Title your post: Your full name – Memorial Hike
- Post your favorite selfie from the hike with at least one other student on a social media site of your choice with a storytelling reflective description
- Upload to the course website a screen capture of your social media posting
- Upload 5 photos to the course website — your best photos from each of the five memorials visited, which includes:
1. National World War II memorial
2. Martin Luther King Memorial
3. Korean War Veterans memorial
4 .Lincoln Memorial
5. Vietnam Veterans memorial
5. Add a caption to each photo using a quote you read on each of the memorials
6. Use category: Memorial hike (if you don’t do this, your post will not appear on the website and you will not get credit for the assignment!)