BLOG 6

By the virtue that globalization impacts people differently, the aspect of location is a key influence in the manner by which we are affected by globalization. For this reason, one’s particular understanding of globalization may be largely influenced by how he or she has perceived globalization. Been in a developed country, my perception of globalization has been shaped by how development has made us experience it. By looking at how my location is strategically positioned in its relation with other countries, it becomes clear that my location has been on the positive end globalization. Notably, my location has further dictated how I am bound to perceive people from different locations. By putting the van Asperen’s concept into perspective, it is quite noteworthy to point out that culturally-different mindset has a lot to do with how we perceive the people that are in locations that have been made to seem disadvantaged by globalization. This shows the increasing need to hear the voices of every one divergently and be able to make well-informed judgments regarding globalization. By listening and perceiving things from one end, there lies a big likelihood that various issues may bias and impair our perception of globalization.

Reflecting on my decision-making process on matters globalization, I can affirm that my judgment is purely made upon looking at things from both standpoints. I take the differences in our cultural settings with a lot of regards based on the fact that our settings highly dictate how we judge ourselves and others as well. Looking at the different members of the team, their cultural and religious aspects have had a significant level of influence on how they have perceived the different aspects of globalization. For instance, team members who have an Islamic culture have somewhat a different view on globalization in respect to dressing and fashion. This is a very noteworthy aspect that serves as an example of how our cultures may play part in our decision-making process of globalization. 

Additionally, the above understanding brings us to the dire need of reviewing the understanding of our peers regarding globalization. The divergent way of understanding based on one’s particular location is the ultimate way to shed light on the idea that everyone’s way of understanding globalization has been influenced by our individual mindset. By paying attention to our peer’s perceptions, we are able to fully understand that we are all bound to reason and interpret things in line with the happenings around our subsequent locations. This may prompt us to question the manner at which we should be perceiving globalization and the kind of queries we should be having regarding globalization. Due to the divergent nature of our differences, the key questions regarding globalization should be aligned along our relationships with other cultures and locations and also, the key means by which we can make our interactions advantageous to all ends. 

Through the photo-taking project, there is a comparatively large evidence of migration in pretty much all regions of the world. It is important to note that migration is one of the key indicators of globalization. This is primarily because people migrate from one location to another in need of goods, services, employment, and other factors. Such things like mosques and multicultural organizations are among the key evidence of migration that we came across. This was enough proof that there is a divergence in religion and culture in the specific locations. Observation is a first-hand source of information and it gives the clear and actual picture of the happenings in a particular region. On this note, photos on that represented the free intermingling of people who have different settings were most impressive. They were also very surprising in the essence that cultural barriers have been overcome by the high rate of globalization. In this respect, the global village is more appealing in my connection to my personal place as compared to one locality. 

Different members of the group had their own interpretation and perception on globalization upon their visits to the community. This is because, in one way or another, one is certainly new to the various different settings shared by different members respectively. The divergence in culture and religious background was one of the major elements that I took advantage of in terms of learning the culturally-different aspect and how it influences our individual understanding of the world around us and around others. This understanding was very instrumental in shaping my perspective and understanding of globalization when doing my final project. In addition, it is important to note that peoples view and conversations were aligned along understanding and embracing our differences with the aim of turning our locational differences to the advantage of us all.