The intercultural paradox

In my opinion, the framework described in the Intercultural paradox contains the most common perspectives on globalization. The most closed-minded us-them is mostly a common things for those rejecting globalization and viewing it as a threat. I think it comes from our biggest source of fear, the fear of something unknown. In this case that is their reason creating these differences between cultures and separating them, and categorizing people into each, because they don’t know it and they are afraid of it. I wouldn’t think, that learning is the answer, instead, I think that the¬†¬†Communicative Moral Universalism is an approach, and an open-minded thinking, that people would need in order to see the positive in globalization. The overall framework is quite similar to my own perspective on the different possible approaches on globalization, while the ¬†Communicative Moral Universalism with its open minded approach combining with the one extra advantage, I have that is to already live in a different country with a lot of things being approached and viewed in another way than it would be at my home country, makes it easy to me to accept it.

I think the us-them perspective is one of the reason while people are proud about their own culture and overestimate its importance in the extreme, but at a healthy level it makes them to either want to show it to others or just tend it for themselves. One of the main attraction of foreigner shops or restaurants comes from the assumption that they will have something new or previously unknown for someone visiting them, and the base of that thought is from the us-them way of thinking. They were the most easy to spot signs of globalization during the field work.

The Communicative Moral Universalism is also interesting as it is in my opinion is how we, people part of the global village classroom would like to think and what most of us already has some good grasp on the concept. The more of us in a group has an open mind, the easier it becomes to function as a group, while the more likely, that we will come up with new perspective on globalization’s future.