Allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Samaher Alhebshie, and I am a transfer student at Marymount University. My family moved from Saudi Arabia to the U.S 18 years ago for my dad’s job. I am 21 years old, and I am majoring in sociology. I have two sisters and one brother. My family means everything to me and I’m very thankful for them. I am proud of the background I come from because I believe everyone is unique in their own ways. Being different is ok I believe.

I also have 4 dogs who bring so much happiness to me.   I speak two languages which are English and Arabic. Sometimes people think I’m an antisocial person, but I’m just really shy. My main goal in life is to become successful and make my parents proud of me after everything they have given and done. I believe education is very important in life because this world is full of great knowledge that we as humans should learn and know about. In my past experience with school, it wasn’t that great and I always wanted to give up, but my dad always taught me if you don’t fail you don’t learn. I’ve failed and learned so many things in life that I keep growing up as a stronger and more positive person. I enjoy writing more than reading, and I also enjoy drawing. When I draw I free my thoughts and it helps me be creative. I used to play basketball until I got the disc in my back and I had to remove it by surgery, then I had to quit. I LOVE sushi and pasta I enjoy eating them so much. My favorite sushi place is Sushi Rock ( it very close to Marymount University).

I am looking forward to being a student at Marymount and achieving all my goals and making the best out of it for my upcoming years!