blog post 3

I would be a little too optimistic to say that a project like this isn’t a tad difficult because of the restraints put on us for both the time and the distance.  However, coming from that as well, I am right now able to communicate with people from across the globe!  That is so incredible to me!

So, in the globalization piece of these interactions, I have to say that technology has been the most apparent factor.  Without the use of this technology, we would not be able to really even connect at all.  As we move forward with our project, I have high hopes for what we can accomplish for the aesthetic/presentation piece, but our timeline is good.  We have decided to focus on more the cultural aspects of both places, which balances out nicely.

I think the question we should be asking ourselves going forward, though, is what if we agree with the same time points that other people put on theirs as well, and engage in healthy debate about why/why not we think these historical points are important, and under which globalization “category” they fall under!

3 Comments on “blog post 3

1. Hello Macy,
    Technology will always be an asset and a challenge in these courses. But that in itself is globalization… to be able to connect and exchange ideas. And at the same, dealing with the fundamentals of any kind of collaboration: trusting each other’s intentions, even more so then trusting technology.. wouldn’t you think?
    Loes

• (Revision) Thank you for the feedback! I think you are correct– technology is an asset, not the main part of globalization. Trust between people can be facilitated through the use of technology; when we are able to communicate with each other on opposite ends of the world, transportation of different ideas and beliefs can occur, and that is what globalization is.

2. (Revision)

So, in the globalization piece of these interactions, I have to say that technology has been the most apparent factor.  Without the use of this technology, we would not be able to really even connect at all.  As we move forward with our project, I have high hopes for what we can accomplish for the aesthetic/presentation piece, but our timeline is good.  We have decided to focus on more the cultural aspects of both places, which balances out nicely.  Also, I think it I may be more correct in saying that technology is an specifically an asset, not the main part of globalization. Trust between people can be facilitated through the use of technology; when we are able to communicate with each other on opposite ends of the world, transportation of different ideas and beliefs can occur, and that is what globalization is.