BLOG: THIS IS ME

Hi!

My name is Jody Sijbolts. My hometown is a small village in the most north counter of Groningen, Den Andel. Nowadays I am living in the biggest student city of the Netherlands, Groningen. I was born and raised on the countryside my whole childhood. Besides my mom and dad I have been living with my younger sister, who is 14 years old.

I am a 20 year old student with the most restless feet you will ever see. Currently I am in the 4th year of my education Sports, Health and Management. In my spare time I like to dance, basketball and fitness. Besides my main sports I really enjoy kite-surfing in the summertime and ice-skating in the winter.

I’ve always been encouraged to do the things that brings you your brightest happiness. So that’s what I did an what I am doing right now! After two years at the Hanze University of Applied Sciences I decided to combine my two biggest passions, sports and traveling. I started to travel more. I went to Paris to see the football stadium, visited Porto to write a sports plan, snowboarded downhill in Austria and played a basketball tournament in Denmark. This time I got home, people were already asking when I was planning to leave again.

In my third year of education I choose the minor Sport, Business and Innovation. Within this minor I created the opportunity for myself to study abroad. I decided to go overseas and lived on Aruba for half a year. Besides the fact that I still needed to get good grades, I also worked at Aqua Windies a scuba dive and swimming lessons company and did some event management with the collaboration of the government within the field of creating a healthy lifestyle. During this great adventure I met so many people and gained an enormous amount of knowledge and experiences. For the first time I really got to know the global community. I already knew I didn’t want to be stuck behind a desk all day, I’m a little too curious for that, but now I know for sure.