Grace’s First Impression

Personally I have always had difficulty with technology. But this first meeting with my team Game of Phones went pretty well, as far as technology was concerned. We established mediums to use right away and pretty quickly we were talking face to face. The conversation moved fluidly and we started the tasks without a problem. My first impressions of intercultural collaboration are good it was not as hard as I had first expected. I know that we will face more problems as the semester continues, but I think that we are all willing to work together to get through issues that may come up. I have never work in a classroom experience like this before. I have traveled alone in exchange programs before, but never something like this class. I am excited for what the future holds.  I think some similarities that all of us have is we are all very busy! We all have a million other things to do, but we are all in this class because we want to be. We find this topic of Globalization interesting and we want to learn more about it.  Another similarity is we are all motivated to do well and learn more about the people on our teams.  I think one difference between us is our ages. We are all on very different paths right now and so that will be a challenge to overcome.

2 Comments on “Grace’s First Impression

1. Hey Grace!

I surely didn’t notice you had any problems with the technology so far, luckily we’ve got a good IT guy ;). You said that you have traveled alone in exchange programs before, what sort of exchange programs were they? I think it is very brave to travel alone!

With kind regards,
    Natasha

2. Another aspect of our age differences is how we view the world in general and the worlds’ problems, for example, both students from the Groningen emphasize the importance of clean energy and how public transportation is a possible solution. I think the water situation in the Netherlands is another reason why they recognize green energy’s importance. I did not know that the seriousness of the situation until that class and it made me view my own impact on the planet differently. Looking back on my first impressions from now makes me realize the importance of time in building relationships, we did not know each other and we could only guess what the other was thinking, but as time went on we have shaken out a little bit and made a better dynamic. I think just through these couple of weeks and working with my intercultural team my view of globalization has changed, and I think about the impact of globalization all the time and in all aspects of my life. It is a little crazy how much just knowing about globalization has impacted my everyday life.