About me

Hello everyone,

I’m Jonas and I am 25 years old. Currently, I am in my 4th and last year of my International Communication Bachelor.

Originally, I am from Heidelberg, Germany where I was born and raised most of my childhood. Heidelberg is in the south of Germany and has the worlds most beautiful castle ruin. Of course, I consider it the most beautiful City in Germany and If you haven’t been there you should definitely put that on to you “to go list”.

I have two younger brothers, Sebastian and Philipp. Sebastian studies Technical Engineering in Osnabrück, Germany and Philipp studies Medicine in Bern, Switzerland.

Now, my parents also live in Switzerland. My Dad startet a new job ten years ago in Zurich and my Mum moved there after my youngest brother graduated from Highschool.

I love traveling and experiencing new cultures. That was also the reason why I chose to study abroad in the Netherlands. Last year, I did a semester abroad in Seoul, South Korea. After I graduated Highschool, I lived for one year in Cape Town, South Africa where I did an internship and worked as a translator. During my childhood, I have also lived in Portland, Oregon from 1997-2000 due to my dads occupation.

Next to experiencing new cultures and meeting people from all over the world, I love music and food. I listen to a lot of Hip Hop, Funk, Seoul and deep Detroit House Music. Most people like my music but always ask me if I have actually ever entered the 2000’s since they are always old school interprets.

When I travel, I always try to experience the cultures food. Thats where I usually make connections to locals. At home I never try to copy dishes 1 on 1 but rather fuse it into the dishes I already cook. Though, my signature dish is a clean traditional Lasagna. Give me an oven and a full day time and I’ll make you a Lasagna 🙂

So far, I am not sure if I want to work right away after my Bachelor or if I want to do a Master. We will see what the year will bring 🙂

If you have any further questions just hit me up!!