Nat Turner did the rebellion after the vision that he believes he saw. And he believes that he is different than others as he said in his confession, “I surely would be a prophet, as the Lord had shown me things that had happened before my birth. And my father and mother strengthened me in this my first impression, saying in my presence, I was intended for some great purpose, which they had always thought from certain marks on my head and breast” (7) also he said “I suppose, and my uncommon intelligence for a child, remarked I had too much sense to be raised, and if I were, I would never be of any service to anyone as a slave” that difference that he experience change his life from regular slave to a rebellion leader. This movement changed his life forever and changed his character at the same time.

On the other hand, Zora Neale Hurston’s transformation moment started at the age of thirteen when she “sent to school in Jacksonville.” At that time, she starts noticing the differences between her and others, and these differences were not understandable to her. These differences changed her understanding of the world. Another scene was when she in the bar next to the white man. The music in the bar affects her, and she gets along with, but the man next to her did not have the same emotion as her to the music. That moment was another transforming moment in her life that show her the real world around her.