For my final project, I chose to writhe about the slave narrative. I choose the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass. I choose this narrative for different reasons. The first reason is this narrative so popular. I have been in the United States for more than five years, and I have read the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass for more than six-times. In the beginning, I did not see any important for that book, but every time I read it, I find something new about it. In classes like American Literature and the American Dream, that assigned Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass as a required text, I asked myself why instructors keep asking students to read this book? What makes this book stand until now? Why do people still read this book? The sconed reason is the mix between the slave narrative and the conversion narrative in Douglass’s narrative makes it unique. The last reason is that I think this narrative contains essential lessons, morals, and examples that readers can learn from. 

It was easy to find sources about Fredrick Douglas,s but the hard thing is to find a good source. I read a lot of sources about the topic until I choose the right ones. It took me more than a week searching in the library for good sources that I like. After this point, I started organizing my ideas and writing my paper. It was a rough time between ebb and flow, sometimes the ideas come smoothly and nicely, and other times, it stuck in no exit way. However, the class pair review was so helpful and efficient way to get useful feedback. Also, the other thing that a struggle with is the title of my paper. It’s hard to find an exciting title that illustrates your essay in short, inspiring words. I change my title a couple of times until I decide to leaf this part until the end of my paper to not distracting my writing.

As usual, the unhappy part for me in this project and other similar projects is the presentation. I really get nerves in presentations, and this class presentation will have some gust from the English department, and that makes me more nerves. I really like all the English department members, and Dr. Norton is my major advisor, and I took a class with Dr. Howe before. But I still feel nerves about the idea of presenting in front of a lot of people. The other thing I don’t like about the presentation is that I could not use any note in the slide that I can read like the usual presentations. Also, the slid transition was automatically, and that means I could not control my slid change; instead, the slides are timed automatically for 20 seconds, and the other slide is shown up.

In conclusion, I enjoy this class, and I enjoy the information that I learned from it. It was an opportunity to understand autobiography and learn about different types of narrative styles. It,s allow me to deep in one of my favorite book, which is the Narrative of the Life of Fredrick Douglass.