Student Health Center Services – FAQ’s

  1. Who is eligible to receive medical care at Student Health Services? Do we need to have the university insurance to go to SHS? Any student currently enrolled at Marymount University is eligible for care at Student Health Services. You do not need to have the university insurance to receive care.
  2. How much does it cost to be seen by a provider at SHS? Office visits are free, however, additional labs, testing and vaccination services may have fees associated based on your insurance. Please refer to our website for additional information regarding services and fees.
  3. What do I do if SHS is closed? If SHS is closed and you are in need of medical services that cannot wait, please visit our website for nearby urgent care or retail clinics. Virginia Hospital Center is located 1.5 miles from the Marymount campus and has emergency room services.
  4. Will I be able to get a copy of my medical records? Yes, an authorization form for release of confidential information will need to be completed. Please come by SHS or visit our website.
  5. Are radiology services available at SHS? Radiology services are not available at SHS. A referral can be provided if needed.