International Student and taking Classes at another School


If an international student at Marymount University wishes to take a course at a different institution and transfer the course back to MU for credit, they must take the following steps:

1)         If the course is being offered by a neighboring institution (such as Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA)), you should first consult any posted articulations with those institutions, which can be found on the Registrar’s website, located here:

2)         Fill out theCourse Substitution and Transfer Form(CSTF) and have your academic advisor sign the form.

3)         Submit the form to the assistant or associate dean of your school (such as School of Business) for processing. This process may take three business days.

4)         Once the CSTF is approved, submit the approved form to ISS in order to get a concurrent enrollment letter for the other institution, you can scan and email it to

5)         After you enroll in the other institution bring a copy of the registration to the ISS office or scan and email the copy to This is very important to verify your full time enrollment and maintain your F-1 status.

6)         After you have successfully completed the course at the other institution, you must earn a grade of a “C” or higher and submit your official transcripts to the Registrar’s Office in order for the credits to transfer. For immigration purposes, you must submit proof of completion (in the form of an official or unofficial transcript), regardless of the grade you received, to the ISS Office. If you do not do so, your immigration status will be in jeopardy.

More information about transferring in credits to the University, including credit maximums and processes, can be found on the Registrar’s Office website (located here: as well as in the University Catalog.