If you are traveling home and you need to renew your F-1 Visa, allow yourself at least 2 months in advance to apply for the interview at the U.S. Embassy in your country. Go to the U.S. Embassy web site of your country. Look for the section: “How to apply for a visa”. Have all your documents with you to complete your application.
- Prepare a passport picture (white background) in a print and digital (PDF) version
- Complete the electronic application formDS-160. Review it and print it immediately since you will be given a specific bar code.
- Set an appointment at the closest embassy in your country. Go to:http://evisaforms.state.gov/SchedulingSystem.asp
- Pay the visa application fee ($ 160) at the designated bank in your country.
- For the day of the interview take with you :
o DS-160 and receipt of visa fee
o I-20 with valid signature, all other I-20 forms.
o Valid passport.
o A passport picture.
o Financial support documents.
o Letter of enrollment and transcripts from the Registrar Office.
o Your next semester schedule from Marynet
NOTE: If you are a current F-1 student maintaining your status then you do not have to pay the SEVIS fee.