Marymount University offers a program that allows students to use their excess financial aid to purchase textbooks before classes begin.
Starting in Fall 2018, Marymount will be transitioning to an online textbook provider. Because of this transition, we will have a new procedure to obtain these book credits.
- To get a book credit, first, you must go to Marynet to look-up your classes and see what the books will cost. (Student Accounts will not know how much you need for books).
- Once you have done that, please go to the Student Accounts Office to verify if you have qualifying excess financial aid available for a book credit. If you do, you will complete a form with the amount you want for your books.
- Student Accounts will then inform our online bookstore, Barnes & Noble and their online partner MBS, of your request.
- MBS, will email you (using your MU email account) regarding your book credit and provide a link to purchase your classroom materials.
- Textbook shipping is free with purchases of more than $59.00 but please allow for shipping time before your classes begin.
- If you have any funds remaining after purchasing your books, it may be used in the new B&N campus spirit shop in Caruthers Hall.
If you would like to purchase your books before your refund check is available, please come to the Student Account Office between January 7th, 2019 and February 8th, 2019 to access your book credit.
Please note that students can only purchase book credit once per semester.
Contact MBS directly for all book orders and adjustments at 1-800-325-0530.
Please contact Student Accounts if you have any questions.
(703) 284 1490 | firstname.lastname@example.org