blog posts by Joanna

Just another Marymount University Commons site

Week 2: February 1st- 5th

February8

This week I did a lot more social media work for Dalia Palchik on both Twitter and Facebook. I looked through many pages that Fairfax County follows and re-posted things that are going on in our community to raise awareness and to inform the community. I also posted many flyers and typed up many posts promoting for events going on in the Providence District I was able to see just how much positive interactions and networking can come from social media, especially Facebook when events and programs are promoted. For example, I posted about The Providence Community Center’s senior virtual programs that are being offered online for free and there has already been a rise in attendance for some of the programs. Another thing I worked on this week was helping with writing for the newsletter that the Supervisor of Fairfax County Providence District, Dalia Palchik, sends out every other week called the Palchik Post. In order to help with this I was requited to learn about and use a website/platform called Constant Contact that I had never used or heard of before. It took some time to get used to, but it was relatively straight forward. I added in information about Superintendent Scott Brabrand, who announced his revised timeline for returning students to in-person instruction in February and March in Fairfax County. I also added in updates about the Covid-19 vaccine so our community members can be informed about how and when they can get it. Overall, this week was very informative, and I feel like I have already learned so much. I’m excited to see what else I will be learning about in these next coming weeks.

by posted under Internship | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: