YOGA

January 31, 2015 | Leave a Comment

To counteract the stress that is this semester, I have found that meditation and group fitness is more than beneficial. It is essential. I like many of you, work full time, have a second job, study, and occasionally see friends. It is hard to have time to exercise or even take everything in.

Whether it be yoga, hiking, running or dancing to music in your car. It is important to have time to channel stress and just be ! My roommate, also a teacher, recently found a Groupon for hot yoga in Ballston, which is a steal, because yoga prices in the Metro area are exorbitant! Also, Marymount has a variety of FREE  exercise classes. Yoga is offered on Mondays at 5 and Fridays at 4. I have time to head over right after work and before class. Also side note, working out with friend or a group at a certain time each week makes you accountable. You have to be there and supportive of one another. While we all have different goals and obstacles there is a certain pride in working out that stress through deep breathing and teamwork.  It is easy to feel overwhelmed but respite from the go go go can make all the difference. I cant wait til its warm and I can lay in a hammock.

Audrey