Back in October I wrote a post titled “Group Projects” and now I am doing a follow up on that post. The first post was mostly me talking about how difficult a group project was, but now this one is about how great presentations are when they are in groups (I know contradicting, but after reading this post most people will agree).

In the past week I had two group presentations in two different classes. I was thankful it was a group project, rather than a solo presentation. I strongly dislike presenting in front of a large group of people. I have no problem being social and speaking to people, but when you put in front of a classroom I freak out. Throughout my public speaking skills have improved, but I still get nervous. Being in groups of 3 or 4 has made presenting a lot easier for me. There is always at least one person who is really good at public speaking, and for the most part that person takes over the presentation. I love those people! For both presentations there was a person that talked for the majority of the time, and I was given a very small part of the presentation. Fortunately both presentations went very well.I was nervous at times, but I think it went smoothly. Most importantly the professors seemed to enjoy the presentations.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I will say I am very thankful for presenting in groups.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and stay warm!!

-Jessica