Study Sessions

November 15, 2014 | Leave a Comment

As all the final projects and papers approach over the next 4 weeks, I find myself searching for different places to study in order to switch up routine and coffee. I personally enjoy doing my homework spread out on the kitchen table or tucked in under a blanket. But I find myself a different kind of productive when I’m out in the world surrounded by other people who also are working hard on their computers. It’s like we are all in this together.

I recently had the opportunity to go to Northside Social in Clarendon, an adorable coffee shop/wine bar. I’ve driven by and walked by dozens of times, thinking that’s cute I should go in sometime. Everyone looks happy, like they are having great conversations, and the Christmas lights create a calm magical feeling all year round. My friend informed be that it’s quite busy and can be loud at times. If you can drown out the noise, upstairs doesn’t serve food and there is plenty of space to sit, people watch and get some things done. I went this week and it was awesome! I parked right outside and sat there for 4 hours working on various papers and assignments. After 5 pm, the upstairs turns into a wine bar! I will definitely be going back. It will be funny comparing the daytime and study time to an environment of happy hour priced wine and fancy cheese. Who knows maybe I just won’t leave after my paper. I think I found my new favorite place.

-Audrey

by flickr

by flickr