For those of you who don’t know yet, Springfield Mall has be reoppened and revamped into Springfield Town Center! On opening day this last week, individuals came from all over to see the new “mall” in all it’s glory. Although I did not go see it when it first opened I have been inside and WOW it sure is pretty. New stone floors, working escalators, and even a beautiful main entrance stair case with side escalators to embellish the front of the Town Center. Going inside I realized that many of the stores were the same as they had been 5 years ago. That was the last time I can remember being in the then Springfield Mall. With some exceptions, the masterminds have brought in some newer and higher class stores such as Michael Kors, Pandora, and J.Crew and even new restaurants such as Maggiano’s Little Italy, Chuy’s, and Yard House.

The creators have done an excellent job at trying to draw all crowds into the area however they are not just changing the Mall into the new Springfield Town Center. More plans are underway to build office buildings, hotels, and more! Below is a proposed image of what else is to come of those far empty parking spaces. I would highly encourage those to venture to see Springfield Town Center, it is the perfect place to go on days like this. Wheather you are window shopping, eating, or just relaxing, it provides all those atmospheres under one roof.

springfield-town-center-buildout_600xx1016-677-61-0

-Christine Hamrick