New School, New Life

September 17, 2014 | 2 Comments

Hello all! It is my 4th week living in Arlington and I am finally beginning to adjust. I just spent most of my summer in North Carolina living with my parents and another part of my summer traveling. At first it was hard to adjust living some where new, and then it became very difficult because I got sick and I was alone!

I was nervous for my classes thinking they were going to be extremely difficult. I thought the professors were going to be really strict, but it turned out to be the opposite. My professors are all great and there was nothing to be afraid of. I am excited for this semester because I find all my classes very interesting. In undergrad my major was psychology, and I did not have the opportunity to take a counseling course.

Going into my 4th week of living in Arlington I can finally say I am extremely happy with where my life is going. Being sick for my first weeks here made the transition more difficult, but now I am appreciating everything around me. I have no stayed here for a weekend yet, because I have been traveling around. In the weekends to come I am excited to take the time to explore the area, and to meet new people.

Stayed tuned to see how my life in Arlington begins to unfold!

-Jessica

2 Comments so far

1.    Virginia on September 30, 2014 8:38 pm      Reply

I totally agree… I am terrified just thinking of next year for me. In May I will graduate from Psy as well and considering MU for my Master’s in Forensic Psy, currently live 1,500 miles away and never been away from home :-/ (it might be a good change, though), but still scary, where to live? (I do not want on-campus since I am a “big girl” not undergrad). Need to find a job to survive and still manage to study, AND the language, OMG!… well, I’m just overwhelmed with doubts and questions can’t begin to explain…Glad you feel better after only 4 weeks. V

•    j0e50813 on October 30, 2014 4:31 am      Reply

Best of luck with what you choose to pursue. Feel free to ask me any questions about Marymount or the area!