punkinz

September 8, 2014 | Leave a Comment

Pumpkin spice is back! My first post as a Marymount glad student blogger and life indeed is busy. Aside from classes and working and whatever else we grad students do. I feel like we or at least me is living for the weekend. But the other elixir that is sure to keep me surviving this fall or at least the next couple weeks ‘til I get sick of it is …Pumpkin.

punkin

l<3 pumpkins

Starbucks, dunkin, target you name it the shelves are stocked with the sweet nectar that is pumpkin flavor. It’s only the first week of September and there should be some universal rule that no pumpkins before Labor Day. Regardless it’s here and out in full force. As an education student all my classes are at night those cool walks in the dark back to the parking garage is perfectly complimented with the last few slips of my once warm pumpkin latte. My wonderful roomates welcome me home with ice cold pumpkin beer 😉

I don’t know if I’m wish full thinking for the leaves to change or what but fall is coming and I can smell it in the form of pumpkin. Less than two months ‘til Halloween. I can only hope my work load will lighten up so I can enjoy the fall without thinking only of homework, papers, and my long lists of errands to run and endless bills to pay. While it’s only the 3rd week of classes fall break is right around the corner. This college thing is harder than I remember. We are no longer irresponsible undergrads we have evolved. Teachers expect more, we pay attention, participate, make meaningful contributions, connections and relationships. We work hard. We are in our element which makes it worth it. These jack-o-lanterns aren’t mocking us they are cheering us on.