Thank You

May 1, 2014 | Leave a Comment

Graduation is quickly upon, and in 18 days I will be done with an academic career that has spanned practically 2 decades. For the first time since the age of 5, I will not be attending classes or responsible for homework- which is a crazy thought! In honor of my impending jump into the real world, I wanted to utilize this blog post as a thank you to all of those who have helped me over the years.

To my Mom & Dad, I could never thank you enough for all that you have done. From Dad forcing me to do multiplication practice at the dining room table to Mom driving me to practices and after school activities, I never would have been able to do it without you. Thank you for the pep talks, proof-reading skills, and pasta party hosting assistance. Thanks for encouraging me and motivating me and for being stern when necessary. I appreciate it more than you can ever know.

To my sister Kacie, thank you for providing an endless supply of clothes to ‘borrow’ for classes and presentations and parties. Thanks for being there to answer my late night phones calls and listening to me freak about grades.

To the rest of my family- grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, thank you for supporting me on this crazy educational journey. Your care packages and notes meant so much to me and absolutely helped to get me through study sessions.

To all of my teachers and professors, thank you for instilling your knowledge on me. Thank you for creating interesting and thought provoking lesson plans and for providing critical and productive comments on my work. Thanks for answering my questions and helping me make important decisions about my future.

To my friends, past roommates, and classmates, thanks for the memories, which are an oh so important part of school.  Whether it was staying up all night talking in the hallway during undergrad or watching movies instead of doing homework during grad school, some of the best memories I have made have been during school.