So I am a HUGE fan of AMC’s The Walking Dead (if you haven’t seen it you should totally jump on the bandwagon!) and in honor of the season finale that is happening this Sunday, I have decided to share a few tips on how to survive a zombie apocalypse.

1) Create an emergency plan with your family. Have two meeting spots picked out, one that is close to your home and one a bit further away, just in case. Be sure to also make sure all family members know how to get to these meeting places as well.

2) Prepare an emergency kits with items such as water and food, medicine, sanitation and hygiene supplies, etc. Be sure to also pack extra clothes for each family member (don’t forget about things like socks and underwear!) I would also like to share that this is where the zombies would get me. I am extremely reliant on my contacts/glasses, and there is no way I could have a large enough supply to survive in n emergency like this!

3) Stay informed. Make sure to watch or listen to the news to be up to date on what is happening. Emergency Broadcasts can give you information on safe areas and supply survivors with suggestions on how to survive.

4) Avoid heavily populated areas. If the zombie apocalypse turns out to be caused by disease, big cities with large populations can turn out to be a disaster versus a safe haven.

5) At the same time, avoid areas of complete isolation. If a herd of zombies appear, you don’t want to have to deal with it all on your own.

6) Learn how to defend yourself. While you might think that a gun is your best option, ammo only lasts for so long. Additionally, according to TWD, zombies are attracted to sound. Using a gun to kill one zombie may quickly make more come your way. A knife or machete may be harder to come by, but a better choice in the long run.

7) Be aware of fellow survivors. While zombies should be your main concern, survivors have potential to be the biggest threat. Never expose all of your supplies to survivors that you aren’t familiar with, as this could put a target on your back. Be cautious of other’s mindsets as well- psychological well being can go downhill fast in situations like a zombie apocalypse.