Stress Relief

February 24, 2014 | Leave a Comment

Oh midterms, the most wonderful time of the year…. just kidding!

As a second year graduate student, midterms week is just another hurdle standing between myself and graduation/real world jobs. & since I decided to save two of my programs so called hardest classes for my last semester, I am extra stressed with the thought of having to take tests in a few days. With that being said, I decided to share with you, my faithful readers (and most likely fellow students) a few of my favorite stress relief tips, which will hopefully get us all through the next few weeks.

1) Organization: Organization is the key to not being stressed in my book. Making lists and marking dates on my calendar helps me stay focused. Personally, I love to color code my classes, but a simple “To Do” is probably a good place to start for most of you!

2) Exercise: Whether it’s hitting the gym, or going outside to walk around the block, leaving my desk for a few minutes always seems to help my relax. That is until I start to think about all the things I should be doing which just stresses me 0ut all over again…. but that’s another story.

3) Happy Thoughts: I know it may sound silly, but taking a minute to stop what I’m doing, take a deep breathe, and think about something positive always helps me to relax just a little bit.

4) Eating right: I know when most of us are stressed, we want to stuff our face with junk food while staying up to all hours of the night. However, research has proven that eating a healthy, balanced meal can actually help with fighting stress.

5) Getting Sleep: Along with my last tip, getting a good night of sleep is key when it comes to not being stressed. While it may seem like a good idea at the time, pulling an all nighter never works out the next morning.

Hope these tips help, and you guys all make it through midterms week successfully!!