What do you get when you combine an amazing DJ, a few hundred bottles of champagne, and a group of 20 something Arlington/ DC residents?  An average Sunday at A-Town Bar and Grill, that’s what! Conveniently located about a block from the metro (aka a Marymount shuttle stop),  A-Town is one of Ballston’s newest restaurants, and they have certainly made their mark on the area. I started working there a year and a half ago as a hostess, and have had a blast watching it morph into the restaurant that it is today. While A-Town is popular during the week for lunch, and gets pretty busy weekend nights with people celebrating the end of a long work week, it’s most popular day is by far “Sunday Funday”. Offering an eclectic mix of everything from waffles to crab legs, the buffet is an amazing showcase of A-Town’s regular dinner menu…and luckily I get to eat it for free!

atown 2

The madness starts at 10:30am, and continues to well past 4pm, which is when my shift ends. If you aren’t 21, come in and enjoy a plate of sushi and scrambled eggs before the bouncers arrive. For those readers that are of age, feel free to sleep in and then visit A-Town later in the afternoon, once the DJ has arrived and the place really starts to get packed.

atown

As you can see by the photo, A-Town does get busy, so make sure to give me a call and make reservations (we tend to book up at least two weeks in advance for Sundays!) Another great option is to visit once the weather warms up. A-Town has a huge outdoor area (with TV’s) and patio games like corn hole and jenga to keep you entertained. I hope to see you guys soon!!