Spotlight on Jeidy

Senior English with Secondary Education Licensure student Jeidy Luperon was recently featured in the Arlington Catholic Herald discussing her story of faith and education. Jeidy, who is from the Dominican Republic, is here at Marymount on scholarship, and she plans to attend graduate school and teach high school, sharing her determination and love of the language with her students. Catholic Herald author Zoey Maraist interviewed Jeidy for the story, learning about her life in the small, rural community of Bánica and how she came to be an English major after spending just over a year learning the language formally.

Though living here has been an adjustment, Luperon said she’s come to love her adopted home. “I’m so grateful for Marymount. I love everything about it — the education I’m receiving, the relationships you can make, strong bonds with faculty members,” she said. “I’m grateful that I’ve encountered people who have helped me grow spiritually and have challenged me to be a better person.”

We are grateful that Jeidy is here, too, and we look forward to hearing about all her purposeful future!

This entry was posted in Students. Bookmark the permalink.