Rocking Media Marketing-as told through an Internship

Just another Marymount University Commons site

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…I’m kidding! It was the best!

April30

It is so hard to think that this is the last blog post I’ll be writing about RockChurch and the internship, at least for academic purposes. I’ve learned so many incredible life lessons while working with the church. The friendships I’ve made, I hope, will remain forever. Throughout the last few months, I have created meaningful content for social media posts, assisted with small events at the church, and became someone they can rely upon. One of the big things that I wanted to leave RockChurch with, was the cross I built for Easter. Although the cross represents much more than myself, I wanted to have a constant reminder of the thanks they might look at each day.

I have thoroughly enjoyed diving into the world of small business online marketing, and have such a large foundation to start from because of this opportunity. Because of this internship, I was able to add so many more personal skills to my resume, skills that closed the gap between the civilian world and the military side of my work history. Not only did that gap close, but this process brought me back down to earth. When I began classes at Marymount, I had just separated from the USAF. Civilian life and military life are so different, and it takes a long time to adjust-and unfortunately, many never do. Without Marymount and the friendships, mentors, and leadership from everyone, I would still be struggling to find my place. I truly cannot say thank you enough to my professors and colleagues for all that they have done. Their patience and willingness to push me in the best directions is what led my ambitions into online marketing and education. My English skills from critical theory, developing ideas in poetry, and peer reviews, have given me ideas and courage to continue to improve myself. I can honestly say that this internship and my academic career at MU has helped me to feel SEEN and HEARD! For anyone who reads this blog post, just know that when the school is right, and the job is right, the best version of yourself will come out. Surround yourself with people who cheer you on and help you improve. Don’t stop learning, and never think that you’re an expert, because someone can always teach you something new! Live with an open mind and an open heart! Value your friendships with all who you come in contact!

by posted under Uncategorized | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: